*The price of this course includes 3 days training at the centre, plus 1 day onsite assessment, and a Chimney Sweep Starter Pack (to take away with you after the training course).
Course Aim: This course is aimed at both novice and experienced sweeps. It will provide delegates with knowledge and practical experience, which will enable them to confidently work as a Chimney Sweep and trade as a NACS Member.
Course Duration: 4 Days (three days training at the centre, plus one day assessment with a NACS Area Assessment Inspector – to be booked locally)
Course Times: 9.00am – 5.00pm each day
Entry Requirement: No chimney sweeping experience necessary. All candidates must demonstrate a good basic understanding of literacy, numeracy and reading skills i.e be able to complete the certificate of chimney sweeping and warning notices etc prior to assessment. All candidates will be required to complete a minimum of 25 training certificates (to be discussed during the course)
Course Location: National Chimney Training Centre (NCTC), Stone in Staffordshire – (address as above)
What the course will cover:
• Flueing & Ventilation
• Appliance Types
• Equipment and use
• Sealing up access cleaning points
• ‘Hands On’ instruction on sweeping techniques
• Identification & use of chimney pots / cowls / terminals
• Building Regulations and British Standards
• Best Practice Guides, including Health & Safety
• Question & Answer session, Summary & further training options
What is provided:
• Training Manual & Course Study Notes
• Lunch & Refreshments
• Building Regulations Booklet - Document J Edition October 2010 (to take away with you after your Training at the Centre)
What to bring with you:
• PPE – to include overalls, dust mask, safety footwear & gloves. A full list will be provided with your booking confirmation
• You will need to arrange your own accommodation (if required). A list of local accommodation will be provided with your training course confirmation pack.
Following successful completion of your assessment, you will receive a Certificate of NACS Qualification, confirmation of NACS Membership, and access to the Members Section on the NACS WebShop. You will also be able to trade as a NACS Member, and have the confidence to start working as a Chimney Sweep.