Course Aim: This course is aimed at both Members and Non-Members and is intended to benefit those involved with erecting and using portable ladders and steps, access towers, chimney access staging, and fall arrest equipment when providing access to their work activities. The course will provide skills and knowledge needed to achieve the standards of competence to carry out the duties of erecting, dismantling, inspecting, using, maintaining, transporting and storing the equipment.
Course Duration: 1 Day
Course Times: 9.00am – 4.30pm
Entry Requirement: No experience necessary
Course Location: NACS National Chimney Training Centre (NCTC), Stone in Staffordshire –
What the course will cover:
• CITB Video: “Accent on Access”
• Working at Heights
• Ladders: Analysis of accidents, Statutory instruments, Ladders & Stepladders, Roof Work, Inspection Tags, Demonstrations & Practical Training of pre-use inspection & setting up for using a typical ladder and stepladder, Test Paper.
• Access Towers: Typical Towers, Typical Span Tower Assembly, Basic Safety Notes, Maintenance & Repairs, Tower Scaffolds, Inspection & Rods, Inspection Tags, CITB Video; “Dead Simple – 7 Steps to Safety”, Practical Session of erecting and dismantling typical towers, Test Paper.
• Chimney Access Staging: C.A.R.S, Roofraker, Other Chimney Access Products, Pre-Use Inspection and Assembly, Special Applications.
• Safety of Roofs: CITB Video “Alright at Height”,
• Question & Answer session, Summary & further training options
What is provided:
• Training Manual & Course Study Notes
• Lunch and Refreshments
What to bring with you:
• PPE – to include overalls, dust mask, safety footwear & gloves. A full list will be provided with your booking confirmation
• You will need to arrange your own accommodation (if required). A list of local accommodation will be provided with your training course confirmation pack.
Course Qualification: A certificate of attendance will be issued to each newly trained individual.